Joshua Academy - Always Learning and Growing! Want to grow with us? Download our employment application to apply for a rewarding career.
$10 / hour
We are looking for someone that has great attention to detail and can work 3:00pm-9:30pm Monday through Friday.
2018-2019 school year
Send resume to email@example.com
Elementary School Principal
At Joshua Academy, the school principal serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures that ensure all students are supervised in a safe environment that meets the approved curriculum, philosophy, values and goals, and the mission of the school. The ideal candidate will be able to create a positive learning environment, and a school climate that fosters diversity, creativity, independent learning and critical thinking.
Achieving academic excellence requires that the school principal work collaboratively to direct and nurture all members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with families. Inherent in this position are the responsibilities for:
• Establishing and promoting high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and positive behavior;
• Managing, evaluating, and supervising the instructional program of the school, evaluating lesson plans, and observing classes on a regular basis to ensure the use of a variety of research-based instructional strategies, interventions, and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development;
• Facilitating and organizing professional development opportunities to ensure teachers have rigorous curriculum and resources to implement effective instruction to meet the needs of all students;
• Staffing, recruitment and retention of instructional staff;
• Analyzing and effectively using school data to improve student success;
• Evaluating teachers and other instructional staff; and
• Coordinating progress monitoring in preparation for the state assessment.
Candidates must have or be able to convert a building level administrator’s license to the state of Indiana. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews begin March 1, 2018. Joshua Academy Charter School is an equal opportunity employer. 1230 E. Illinois St. Evansville, IN 47711, 812-401-6300, www.joshuaacademyschools.com.